Job Description as follows :
Key Responsibilities: SQL Server, Database Administration, Database Tuning, Database Management, Database Security, RDBMS, Quality Focus, Data Maintenance, Operating Systems, Presenting Technical Information , Problem Solv
Industry: , Database Architect/Designer
Job Location : , Gurgaon
Qualification : B.E/B.Tech
- The Data Base Administrator (DBA) is responsible for providing technical support for the database environment including overseeing the development and organization of the databases, assessment and implementation of new technologies, and providing Information Technology with a long-term perspective on the relationship of database technology to the business opportunities facing the company.
- The DBA is challenged to work with architecture, application development and operations to help achieve a state-of-the-art environment that meets current and future business objectives.
- Develops a methodology for the ongoing assessment of database performance and the identification of problem areas. Develops a security scheme for the database environment, as well as assisting in disaster recovery if necessary.
- Provides support during the development and enhancement of production applications including working with applications, technical support and operations during the design, development and implementation of applications.
- Work with others in IT to build the logical database area and provide technical support during all phases of the development process.
- This MS SQL Server DBA role requires a service oriented mentality with a high sense of ownership of the projects, problems and requests assigned. This role will be actively participating in a high energy development environment.
- Strong experience in Database Administration in SQL Server.
- Experience in troubleshooting and resolving database integrity issues, performance issues, blocking and deadlocking issues, replication issues, log issues, connectivity issues, security issues etc.
- Experience in Performance Tuning, Query Optimization, using Performance Monitor, SQL Profiler and other related monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
- Ability to identify and troubleshoot SQL Server related CPU,Memory,I/O, disk space and other resource contention.
- Strong knowledge of backups, restores, recovery models, database shrink operations, DBCC commands, Clustering, Database mirroring, Replication and High Availability strategies for MS SQL environments.
- Experience in implementing operational solutions with SQL Server 2008.
- SQL Development – ability to write and troubleshoot SQL Code and design (stored procedures, functions, tables, views, triggers, indexes, constraints).
- SQL Development- experience in creating database architecture with associated schema as part of a software design process.
- Strong knowledge of how indexes, index management, integrity checks, configuration, patching.
- Familiarity with windows server, security delegation, SPNs, storage components.
- Ability to network with documentation and testing teams to accomplish creation of processes and procedures.
- Must be well-organized, responsible, work effectively in a project management framework, and with the ability to create a project plan and manage to execute on it.
- Knowledge and experience with SQL Server 2012 a plus.
- BE or BS Degree in one of the following subject areas: Computer Science, Information Technology or related field preferred
- 2 -3 years IT operation with strong understanding of database structures, theories, principles, and practices plus Microsoft SQL Server experience.
- Strong knowledge of data normalization and data relationships. SQL and RDBMS with some exposure to NoSQL DBs.
- Experience with data management and data processing flowcharting techniques
- Knowledge of reporting and query tools and practices
- Good understanding of the organizations goals and objectives
- Good interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Technical documentation skills
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language
- Self motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Develop and enhance scripts to automate and execute various DBA tasks.
- Working experience in a high-availability database environment
- Understanding of, and experience with, server-client computing and relational database environments
No. of vacancies: 2
Company Name : Career Shapper
Company Website : careershapper.com
E-Mail Id : email@example.com
Phone No : 0124 - 4012451
Mobile No : 9015116370