Legal Advisor Job Description
To provide legal advice, direction and services to the Company concerning the legal obligations and operations of the Company and, in particular, the minimization of commercial risk and contractual exposure.
· Practicing preventative law, providing legal advice and assistance to management and internal departments.
· Assisting management in understanding legal and contractual risks and mitigating those risks.
· Drafting, reviewing and revising contract documentation, including tender documentation and ensuring it is qualified in the best interests of the Company.
· Assisting management in negotiations with clients, joint venture partners and major subcontractors.
· Provide support, advice and guidance as necessary to the members of the project teams and senior managers on legal and contractual matters on projects, in both main and sub-contracts.
· Be aware of and when required, become involved in contractual disputes with Clients and subcontractors so that claims and disputes are handled in such a way as to achieve the optimum commercial advantage for the company, with minimum risk; Prepare settlement paperwork and ensure this is completed effectively.
· Instructing and supervising external solicitors in litigation and other legal matters concerning the Companies' business.
· Coordinating and ensuring the implementation of the Group's liability insurance programme at Company level.
· Develop and maintain standard contract and subcontract templates.
· Assist in the development of processes and procedures to regulate tendering and contract management activities, in all regions, to ensure they are aligned with Group GOPs and Guidelines and represent best practice;
· Provide reports as required to meet the requirements of both local and corporate reporting on defined activities.
· Provide advice to Company in respect of Company’s legal obligations; keep Company advised on updates and changes to such legal and regulatory obligations and advise on company secretarial matters.
· Provide legal training to management and internal departments
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Fully qualified Solicitor/Barrister/Advocate.
· Minimum experience 5 years of which 3yrs in a metro city
· Experience in contract drafting and negotiation.
· Experience of varied contracts, situations and negotiations.
· Ability to cope within a competitive and demanding environment, internally and externally, with a high level of motivation.
· Ability to work in a dynamic environment.
· Flexibility in hours worked (there may be travel at short notice).
Nice to have:
· Experience of tendering for construction projects.
· Experience of Company Secretarial duties
· Excellent communication skills in English.
· Ability to work well as part of a multi disciplined team.
· Ability to communicate effectively with Senior Management and clients.
· Well constructed negotiation skills.
· Analytical, methodical and pro-active approach to problem solving.
· Ability to identify key issues and present advice and decisions in a precise and understandable manner.
· 1.8 lacs to 3 lacs per annum
Interested Candidate can drop your resume firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact no ; 9015116370